Khari Ferrell is an attorney in the Dallas, TX office. His practice focuses on representing corporate clients in the Accounts Receivable Management (ARM)/financial services industry, as well as representing employers across an array of industries in employment matters. Khari is well-versed in all phases of litigation—from inception to final disposition. He uses this knowledge to partner with clients to identify all risks and chart a path towards reaching the best possible outcomes.
In his consumer protection practice, Khari has spent a significant portion of his practice defending third-party debt collectors and debt buyers across many jurisdictions in both federal and state court. Khari’s work as a litigator notably includes a strong record of favorable rulings and judgments in both state and federal courts—primarily related to claims brought under federal and state consumer protection statutes, including but not limited to, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Telephone Consumer Practices Act (TCPA), and the Texas Debt Collection Act (TDCA).
In his employment practice, Khari has successfully handled various disputes and litigated matters under federal and state statutes and regulations, including but not limited to, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and claims of discrimination and retaliation under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Chapter 21 of the Texas Labor Code. In addition to handling employment litigation and disputes, Khari also counsels employers on compliance and effective employment policies to prevent future litigation.
While in law school, Khari gained valuable experience clerking at multiple law firms in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. In addition, Khari served as an extern for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and also served as Chief Counsel, handling cases involving tenant advocacy, consumer litigation, civil rights, and other general litigation in SMU Dedman School of Law's Civil/Consumer Clinic.
Courts of Admittance
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Graves v. Foulger-Pratt Companies, LLC, et al., Case no. 1:21-cv-01367-MSN-WEF, 2023 WL 2720795 (E.D. Va. Mar. 30, 2023) (for Hunter Warfield, Inc. only) - Local Representation by Sands Anderson PC
- Tisdale v. Enhanced Recovery Co., LLC, et al., Case no. 4:22-cv-00286-SDJ-CAN, 2023 WL 1810413, (E.D. Tex. Jan. 17, 2023), report and recommendation adopted, No. 4:22-CV-286, 2023 WL 1802393 (E.D. Tex. Feb. 7, 2023) (for Receivables Performance Management, LLC, Credit Management, LP., and United Revenue Corporation, LLC only)
- Jerman v. AT&T Corp., Case no. 3:20-cv-384-MOC, 2022 WL 2835428 (W.D.N.C. July 20, 2022) aff'd by Case No. 22-1855, 2023 WL 2136375 (4th Cir. Feb. 21, 2023) - Local Representation by The Echols Firm, LLC
- Calhoun v. Sw. Credit Sys., L.P., Case no. 1:21-CV-02247-AT-LTW, 2021 WL 8267922 N.D. Ga. Dec. 8, 2021), report and recommendation adopted, No. 1:21-CV-2247-AT, 2021 WL 8268027 (N.D. Ga. Dec. 29, 2021) - Local Representation by Bedard Law Group, P.C.
- Drummond v. Equifax Info. Servs., LLC, et al., Case no. 5:20-CV-1362-DAE, 2021 WL 8055631 (W.D. Tex. July 14, 2021) (for National Credit Adjusters, LLC only)
- McGee v. State Collection Serv., Inc., Case no. 20-CV-1770-JPS, 2021 WL 2138867 (E.D. Wis. May 25, 2021)
- Greifman v. Client Servs., Inc., Case no. 20-CV-1781 (CS), 2021 WL 1828076 (S.D.N.Y. May 7, 2021) - Local Representation by Lippes Mathias LLP
- Moldasheva v. Hunter Warfield, Inc., Case no. 2:20-cv-06062-SVW-JC,2021 WL 2953171 (C.D. Cal. Mar. 29, 2021) - Local Representation by Goodman Law Firm APC
- Villa v. Sw. Credit Sys., L.P., Case no. 1:19-CV-1701-JLS-JJM, 2021 WL 1163199, (W.D.N.Y. Mar. 25, 2021) - Local Representation by Lippes Mathias LLP
- Angelo State University (B.I.S. Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies)
- Southern Methodist University-Dedman School of Law (J.D.)
- Dallas Bar Association