Mike leads the firm’s regulatory, compliance, and virtual general counsel services from the Cedar Falls office. He provides counsel, consultation, complex transactional and litigation defense services to collection agencies, law firms, debt buyers, creditors, private equity, and various other businesses focused on the credit and collections industry.
Mike has vast experience in the Account Receivables Management (ARM) industry, having held various leadership and executive management roles. His unique experience and understanding of operational and technical aspects of the ARM businesses allows him to provide consultative services that are not available at most law firms.
Mike has represented companies through examinations and audits conducted by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Conference of State Bank Supervisors, and various other state regulatory agencies. He has also represented the industry and clients in lobbying efforts or on panels before the Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission, and on Capitol Hill.
Courts of Admittance
- State of Iowa
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- Representation of companies through CFPB supervisory examinations and civil investigation demands.
- Representation of companies through Federal Trade Commission (FTC) civil investigation demands.
- Representation of companies through state attorney general, state licensing boards, and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors
- University of Northern Iowa (B.A.in Political Science)
- Drake University Law School (J.D.)
- ACA International, Inc. Unit Leader of the Year 2013
- ACA International, Inc. Member Attorney Program Designation 2014
- ACA International, Inc. Judicial Advocacy Award 2018
- ACA International, Inc. Member of the Year Award 2019
- Collect Tech Top 50 Receivables Professionals 2019